Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Satyam Fiasco : The Ass-Licking

One of the numerous SMSs sent by my office-mates:
(Non-verbatim) All of us, the Satyamites, should stand together and work for the company. We should put in pur best efforts and maintain the highest levels of work ethics. Pray for Raju...

I stand by the thoughts in the SMSs above, but not entirely! Work must go on. That is for sure. And there should not be a case where the client feels that the work quality has gone down. I, for one, am putting in my 10 hours into the job.
But I can't digest the last line. Pray for Raju...? What for?
The people have to realise that it's the company that has provided them with jobs, not this person you are idolizing. Why must I pray for him? Did he think of me when inflating the records? Did he think of me when he was minting money by the millions? Why in the whole fucking world must I pray for him?

Guys, open your eyes! This guy has fucked you in the behind! He could have filled the 'gap in the books'. But he did not. Why? Because he would have 'lost the control of the company and a takeover would have been imminent'.
You are eulogizing a person whose greed has made you insecure about your jobs! I reiterate, it is the organization that gave you the job, not that guy!
For God's sake, come out of the feudal mentality that gives a demi-god status to the owner of the company! Have some self-respect! You are here because you have it in you.

Numerous mails end with 'Save Raju'. Bull-shit! absolute crap! 
One of the guys had written : 'I was fortunate enough to meet him during my ELTP (training) days. He is a very soft spoken person and cannot commit such a crime'.
Wow! I mean, how naive could you be, mate! Jack-the-Ripper was also soft spoken! (I admit, inappropriate comparison)

Guys, stop the ass-licking, please. I feel like being slapped in the face whenever I read a Save Raju plea.


No comments:

Post a Comment