Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Satyam Fiasco : Virtual Pool Program (VPP)

Finally, the time has come and Satyam's management has found a 'humane' way to 'deal' with the issue of excess resources. The solution is called : Virtual Pool Program.
The interesting fact about this VPP is that the 'excess' employees would be virtually working for the company, just like the presence of many leaders who consider themselves as messiahs of this godforsaken company.

I believe, these good for nothings should have been put into virtual mode before any of the 7000 or so associates who have been paid in such a grand manner for staying back at Satyam.

All the bull shit that was doled out in the past months about staying back and rebuilding the company, about bringing Satyam back to its glory days and 'keeping the faith' has fallen squarely on its face.

I was one of the 'Brand Ambassadors' at Satyam. My job was to pacify associates in peer-to-peer meetings and quell any rumors that might be going around. I was given the responsibility to hold discussions with my peers and answer their queries pertaining to job-losses, salary delays and the likes. I was the point of communication between the higher-ups (a word that I have learnt at Satyam, as it is used more than the word quality). I had been given specific instructions to project the views of the management in an unbiased manner, keeping my thoughts to myself.

I was pretty successful in doing the same and there were many a queries that we could answered. But here I am, writing this blog, giving a personal side of the VPP. I am in the VPP.

What does this mean for people who tried to believe what the leaders had been saying? What does this mean for those who had resolved to consider all the management talk as bull, the whole of it? And they still felt that things would change. What does this do to the optimism of a young technical graduate in his first job?

I believe these questions need to be answered in a different post altogether.

P.S.: I have been a bit occupied with my personal issues, so wasn't able to update the blog. Now that I have time, lots of it, I would try and update this place regularly.

1 comment: